A better approach to weight loss for boys
Weight Loss Camp for Boys
Being an overweight boy is physically and emotionally challenging. There are major increases in health risks when overweight children enter their teen years and are still overweight. Carrying around extra weight can make everything more difficult, from participating in sports to playing with friends. Society today doesn’t always encourage boys to be open about how they are feeling. Low self-esteem, negative body image and low confidence can be very challenging topics of conversation. At Camp Pocono Trails, we encourage these conversations. Boys are able to connect with peers as well as older campers and staff members who have the same issues. This creates the foundation for building a solid support system throughout their summer at camp but also for when they return home.
Camp Pocono Trails provide an ideal environment for boys to succeed at weight loss because:
- Our male counselors are excellent leaders and role models for their campers.
- Boys are able to build self-esteem as they reach goals shared by new friends.
- Fitness and exercise is all about fun while providing opportunities to gain new skills and improve athletic ability.
- Exciting events and activities happen everyday in the gymnasium, on the lake or on outdoor fields.
- The food is delicious and meals are satisfying. Who knew healthy food could taste so good!
"He arrived at camp a lineman... pigeon-holed by his youth football coaches because of his weight. When he came home, he "lost" his starting lineman/center role because of his new size. He played linebacker all season and adjusted well... His endurance was much improved. He was happy...and fit... We registered for a lacrosse clinic in the fall. He has now been playing for several months and just secured a spot to play on their summer tournament team. He gained so much self-confidence and his self esteem sky-rocketed after the time he spent with you."
Start planning for Summer Camp! View our camp dates and rates.
Or call us at 1-800-365-0556.